Friday, September 22, 2006

Casting Day is awesome.

I had a great time at work yesterday. We were holding a casting call for an upcoming photo shoot. The theme was rock & roll, so the models were all straight out of the LA music scene, with the cool hair and lots of tats. But the thing is, not even half of the models who came in had prior music experience, and alot of the models didn't play any instuments at all, so it was difficult for some of them to fake it.

I got recruited to design the t-shirts and other merch for the shoot, but when I saw some of the models holding the guitars wrong the producer asked me to step in and show them how to hold it correctly. Then, they asked me if I had my music shared on the network and if I could put something cool on for the models to rock out to. I was more than happy to comply, and before I knew it the models were banging their heads and thrashing around the set and actually showing some real emotions. I even jumped in for some pics myself!

Misha-on-Guitar2 Misha_thuggishruggish

The producers were so happy with how the casting went that they asked me to go on the shoot with them and to be in charge of the music! They said so many nice things like "you made the casting!" and "finally, you made the models get out and rock." Yes, yes, this is why I love my job.

No comments: